Available only once a year, these are very special protective wards, created specifically to protect a person or place from spiritual harm, nightmares, hexes, curses, evil eye, magickal attacks, psychic vampires, excessive gossip, and baneful spirits. These are very powerful and will provide a lifetime of protection. They easily repel most minor attacks, and larger attacks are absorbed by the Dragon Root and cause the root to become more powerful. To activate, gaze upon the Dragon Root and give it a name. Once you name it, it is beholden to you and those under your personal protection (such as those you consider family living with you and guests within your charge)
All you have to do next is simply hang your Dragon Root over your entry door, above the hearth, in the kitchen, bedroom, or any place in your home. Smaller, personal size Dragon Roots can be hung in cars, worn as a pendant, used in a spell bags, or carried in your pocket. They do not need to be recharged, and in fact grow in power as they absorb negativity, serving you better and better as the years go by. After absorbing and repelling a few attacks (either intentionally or unintentionally directed at you), you will notice they take on something of a personality.
No need to feed them or recharge them, but they do enjoy a good exposure to sunlight or moonlight once a year.
Many steps go into creating Dragon Roots, and many of these steps are closely guarded secrets, but I'd like to share the basic step with some pictures I've taken along the way.
- Powerful thorn roots, grown at The Practical Witch sanctuary, are harvested, cleaned, and carefully selected by hand for their high energy by your Witcharista, Friday Gladheart.
- Special resins of Dragon's Blood, Frankincense, Myrrh, Copal, Mastic, and the excretions of two different beetles are ground to a fine powder.
- A tincture is made from the resins and allowed to extract for three weeks.
- On the Midsummer Sabbat, essential oils are added to the secret tincture recipe and the thorn roots are infused.
- The newly born Dragon Roots are allowed to bathe in the Summer Solstice sunshine.
- Dragon Roots are ready for you!